30 before 30.
I’m turning 21 next month, legally making me an adult in every country… the truth is I have no idea what I’m doing half the time. What I do know is that my 20s are a time for adventure and exploration. As such, I’ve come up with a list of 30 things I would like to achieve before turning 30- I have nine years to attempt accomplishing a few reckless and a few responsible things:
1. Eat vegetarian for a month.
2. Visit 2 countries in Africa.
3. Go skydiving.
4. Be fluent in French.
5. Have my first own pet.
6. Learn Yoga.
7. Go a full week without any social media.
8. Get my parents a trip to anywhere they want.
9. Make a cheesecake from scratch.
10. Get a tattoo (Sorry Mom!)
11. Plant a tree.
12. Take up a new sport.
13. Go to Europe.
14. Grow my own herb garden (mint & basil minimum).
15. Take a trip with just my sister.
16. Print more photos.
17. Pay for a stranger’s meal.
18. Go on a real camping trip.
19. Float in the Dead Sea.
20. Visit 2 countries in South America.
21. Go scuba diving.
22. Sponsor a child with Plan International.
23. Do a wine tasting course.
24. Run a distance that feels like an accomplishment.
25. Read, read, and read!!!
26. Try a short haircut.
27. Watch classic movies I still haven’t seen (ie. Scarface)
28. Learn the basics of coding.
29. Attend a FIFA world cup match.
30. Fail, and grow.
I’m both scared and excited for many things on this list; eager to travel and learn about different cultures, while slightly frightened to jump out of a plane. More than anything, I hope I can look back at my 20s and smile; proud about what I have accomplished and not troubled about what I have not yet. Do you have this kind of to do list?